GOLD CASTLE


Today I'll like to talk about  my recent adventure.I have heard a few stories  of how magnificent this place  was, I was curious .I wanted to see for myself  too.so when the opportunity  presented itself through  my  friend  Isha and Alwan I grabbed  it like a hungry lion would grab his prey. I was not alone on this mission,we went with our fun team and trust me it was worth the journey. Half way into the journey  Alwan said “ hope you guys know that where we are headed to is a headquarters for terrorist?”I turned to see the reaction  of the rest of the  team, it was a mixed reaction in my opinion on the one hand it was fear of uncertainty  on the other hand it was excitement  of  the possibility of an adventure of a life time(our team can be that unrelenting) but then  Alwan quickly  added well that was in the past.So it’s safe.

The welcoming




Welcome 
                                              Leelee the friendly horse and my new friend


     When we arrived  Our fun and detailed history guide Mr K, welcomed us ,there were black and white horses to welcome  us. for a moment I thought  I was not in Maiduguri.The horses were really  friendly so it was easy for me to make a friend.The  black horse was my new friend I called it LeeLee(of all the names in the world 😁)
Mr K  had to let us know that we were in for a walk as there is so much to be seen so I had to tell Lee goodbye.

Hunted?

When I stepped  in I saw the longest and most beautiful corridor I have ever seen. No one lived in the building  so I thought  to myself could this magnificent building be hunted, could it be that everyone is scared to live in it. It was as though Alwan  who had been there countless times  had read my mind he began to tell scary and weird stories of the building and Mr K added more mysterious  happenings he claimed he had witnessed  while growing  up there.

Pictures can't tell enough 

How many guest can this dining room host🤔

 This didn't stop us as a team,and personally  I was actually looking out for something  mysterious  to capture on my phone  camera.
We heard strange voices and in one of the beautiful  rooms  a  human hand came out  of a curtain. That scared the hell out of our team members in the room. I mean after hearing scary stories who wouldn't I was not in that room but when I heard them scream I was like wow! now something  mysterious.I should get a video  clip  sadly I could not because before  I  got there they  were all laughing .Mr K revealed himself  He had been behind the curtain .(He and Alwan were the ones behind the strange  sounds and pranks) and he was such a prank master. Turned out he and Alwan had been trying  to scare us all along. THE PALACE IS NOT HUNTED K said .

The Deribe palace

  Yeah Palace.I'm talking  about  the Deribe palace located Borno state  Nigeria, built in 1990 and designed by an Italian  Architect Mario.Late Alhaji Ahmed Mai Deribe  was from Borno state Nigeria He was a very wealthy man and a Business Tycoon.
I was breathtaken by;

The Beautiful  chandeliers
The Gold room(yeah I said it GOLD room) like literally shining gold wall
The Art on the walls and ceiling  and I couldn’t  help but notice a picture of him  and his three Queens on the wall. 
The marble bathrooms
The kitchen that looked like a factory well well equipped.
The view of the city from the roof top  which  gave that feel of  senereity.
Gold room






Everything  screamed Royalty and panache
Honestly Pictures and words can't describe  it well.
the furniture and fitting were lovely  and  in my opinion after going  round I would  say Late Alhaji Ahmed Mai Deribe was a Man of wealth ,class and taste.
My friend Isha kept saying  "Kay your Grandfather was a great man, he was living  in the future "

I was told that blue container under the table  was a dustbin 

Serenity 

Something from the 90s😁
Random photos

Do you see the mirror on the wall? 

The only photo I got of the kitchen 

For a building from the 90s I totally agree with Isha.
There is more to tell but I'll  let you to find out on your next  visit to Maiduguri,Borno state
Keep visiting this blog for more stories  from Northern Nigeria.
Thanks for reading please  comment and share.
 

Comments

  1. No one has ever told the story of the magnificent castle like you did. Weldone my friend👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I look forward to a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, It would be so worth it, trust me.

      Delete
  3. I only heard of this castle and never got a chance to visit in my entire 6 years in Maiduguri. Such a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you want to make me visit Maiduguri for just this tour.
    Borno state upgrade your tourism
    Nigeria we have something for the world to see
    Debbie reading this made me feel i was there with you you try fully detailed
    Canon camera loading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's nice to know. Thank you for reading.You will need that canon camera.. .It would be a great experience

      Delete
  5. Wow. You captured it so vividly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. I'd never heard anything about this place. Will be one to visit when next I'm in Maidugiri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome...thanks for reading too. Yes yes please do visit soon

      Delete
  7. Deribe Castle is a beautiful place i visited when i was 9 years old.But it still look the same after these years it hasnt change.Weldone Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must visit that wealthy place. Oh the smell of royalty and affluence. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece. I felt like part of the tour

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful castle indeed. Thanks for sharing. You shall take me there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice one dear..... I never got to know about d castle throughout my stay, I would have visited severally.The story and the pics are really enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is amazing. I never knew such a place exist. Its really a castle and you're amazing description of the place has inspired me to make plans for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANKS FOR THE TOUR. YOU DID A GREAT JOB LETTING US SEE IT THROUGH YOUR WORDS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read about the palace and that it hosted Diana, the Princess of Wales and her husband Prince Charles I was like that was a joke and was left with my imagination but this post cleared my doubts thanks I look forward to visit soon...

    ReplyDelete
  15. a high five to you,
    ... enlightening! I'll say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FACING DEATH

Love at the Gallery