STORIES FROM SAHARA DESERT : Unending Journey



Hello Everyone and welcome to my blog,I believe you are ready for an exciting and informative read.
Some years ago,before the insurgency I was a part of a French class at Alliance Franchise located at the university of Maiduguri,there we were taught the French language and culture. In my class there were people from different countries , tribes,background and professions so it was really fun and a great platform for learning.

 Sometimes in between the lessons,we interacted and shared opinions and experiences.Amongst us was one eloquent Barrister who was a National youth service corp Member.She had only been in Maiduguri for seven months.One day in class  she shared with us her story she said, '" I was so afraid when I found out I was posted to Borno state for National youth service, While coming to town by road My heart was pounding I felt like a sheep going for a slaughter, there was a university of Maiduguri student sitted next to me who was obviously an introvert with her eyes glued to the large novel in her hands and totally unbothered.I tried asking her several times if we were close to Maiduguri yet but she will reluctantly answer saying we are not even close yet,or I dunno ,she got tired and told me that  When we are close she would let me know.

Long story short I survived journey that seemed unending, went pass the sperse vegetation and  Today I am happy I came to Borno,I got to meet some interesting people, I realised they were not Hausa by tribe as I always thought but there are Kanuri ,marghi Bubur Bura, and also some small sub ethnic groups at Gwoza,I got to taste several delicacies and some tasty snacks like crispy fara..so I can say I have no regrets.
This was Funmis experience, her story and what she learnt.
Did you know that some of the tribes in Borno are Kanuri,Babur Bura,Kanakuru,Shuwa,Chibok also known as Kibaku,Marghi etc and all these tribes have their unique culture ?
I intend to share on love and marriages  from this part of Nigeria keep following and please feel free in the comment session to add to the list of tribes from Borno and also your experience  first time in Borno state? Please share.
Many thanks for Reading.
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FACING DEATH

GOLD CASTLE

Love at the Gallery